Latest threads in Garageshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

need to know ceiling clearance for 7ft 6in door with opener required
building garage , need to know ceiling clearance for 7ft 6in door with opener not using special clearance kits, thanks ron
1
1

I have old Karosene can with a film of sludge in the bottom,how do I clean this out
This older white/clear 5 gal can is labled Karosene and as the remainder of unused karo evaporated it left a brown residue film. Can I refill this can? Clean it with something then refil or just buy a...

Garage door began to open with a jump when I open in the morning
My garage door begins to open with one jumping when I open it after letting it closed long time (over 1 hr). The second or third opening right after first opening looks OK and very smooth. I checked...

is there a code in this receiver?
Is550/a genie door opener. Is there a code in the receiver?

moving a garage door to extend length of garage (2024 Update)
My new truck is about 6 inches too long to fit in the current garage. Would like to move the current door out about a foot. Do not intent to mess with the current opening width.
2
2

door wont work seems like kicked out breaker is there a reset button on it
No further details provided

Have a Sears garage door opener model 139.652001. How do I add another remote?
I bought a Chamberlain remote at Menards and it says to press and release the "learn button" on the opener. I can't find any buttons on the opener. I would also like to extend the time for the light...

Opener won't work
Worked great last week. Now we push the wall button and nothing happens. We can open and close by hand no problem.

How to lift a garage off its pad & pour a new pad to stop flooding
No further details provided

I am having a new roof on an detached uninsulated concrete garage - is vapor barrier needed
No further details provided
1
1

I have an older Genie model 200 opener that I need to adjust the opening pressure.
When I open the garage door it really bangs hard when it gets to the end. It has an up screw on one side and a down screw on the other, I've loosened the up screw several turns but it seems to have no...

One of the electric eyes (safety device) is showing an orange light
My Sears GDO stopped working, one safety shows green the other orange. Do I need to replace the one that shows orange?

new model 53990DS garage door opener opens periodically for no reason
Craftsman garage door opens without input from our hand held remotes.

replaced gear and sprocket on sears garage door now it wont raise or lower but a
replaced gear and sprocket assymbly on sears garage door opener now it only raises and lowers a short way. no restrictions on chain or cable. what is wrong? How do i fix.

my genie intellicode garage door opener wont close with the remote, it opens but
No further details provided