i would like to stain (refurb) greyed wood fence to the original light brown color. What chemical cleaning and painting process do i use?

You can bleach it for some improvement, but I'd just Power Sander it back to new...much better results and actually back to new, the grey doesn't go deep. However, I stopped using paint and polyurethane. I now only use One-Time Wood Protector (

).

- As long as the fence has Sun exposure, One-Time is The Way to go. Just brush, roll or spray it on every 7-years. It doesn't peel, you don't & can't strip it off and you just re-apply. I mostly use their Clear or Natural finish, but they do have a couple of stain versions. Pricey but absolutely worth it (unlimited shelf-life), if you've ever had "the pleasure" of stripping a large area.

Reply to
Anonymous