Latest threads in Safety Codesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

where can i buy a 30386-0-lcdi replacement plug
No further details provided

basement flooded water level is above water pipe ground will i get electrocuted if i enter the water
No further details provided
2
2

Can a TV power cord be run through the wall in Massachusetts?
No further details provided

do I have to call FPL to install the weatherhead?.
No further details provided

what is the minimal distance for outlets code
My contractor just added 8720 dollars to the budget stating that the florida code law asks for 6 feet between outlets, otherwise we will not pass inspection!! is this true?
2
2

New panel means no knob & tube?
If you put in a new and larger electrical service does the code require you to replace Knob & Tube?
2
2

Can I plug small freezer into a non GFCI outlet
No further details provided

what is the spec for the distance between the power pole and a garage
No further details provided

Remove 2nd circuit from 12/3 run
Hi, I am remodeling my inlaws bathroom, and on the far wall (away from the door) there were 2 circuit runs - one for heat lamps and fan and another for a jacuzzi tub pump (3 switches total). The two...
2
2

can there be locks on an electrical breaker box in NY?
boxes inside the building halways of an R2 building

Safety of insulation displacement connectors
Is it safe to place insulation displacement connectors into a 110 solid wire line, in order to tap the electricity for another low load item?

does a junction box have to have an outlet in it?
No further details provided
2
2

is it required to have a cover or door on a breaker box?
is it legal?
2
2

why is breaker panel grounded to cold water supply in laundry
breaker panel seems to be grounded to cold water line in laundry, now the tap is leaking when water is on, could this causebreakers to trip,