Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Potato question:
Is there a way one can tell from a potato plant above, how many potatoes you got growing below?
7
7

"The One Straw Revolution" has been republished
The One Straw Revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka Published by: The New York Review of Books http://www.nybooks.com/nyrb/authors/14913
3
3

Please I.D. Unknown Herb
Can anyone identify the herb in folder "Unknown Plant" at You. http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u.Thank
4
4

Stevia: monoecious or dioecious?
Does anyone know, if Stevia is monoecious or dioecious?
6
6

Bugs are eating my beans
A voracious bug of some sort is eating my bean plants. What's the best way to handle this problem.
4
4

Will Planting Chrysanthemum Work?
Another product from Dow AgroSciences LLC highly toxic to bees (honey bee LC50 = 11.5 ppm) and is highly toxic to oysters and other marine mollusks. Applications to areas where bees are actively...
5
5

Carrots
Hi I am a newbie to this forum and I am also fairly new to growing my own Veg. Moved house a year ago to an acre Garden where I have now my own veg plot with raised beds. I am having trouble with...
4
4

Growing advice needed.
I want to try my hand at growing potent strains of marijuana and I wondered if anybody knows the proper techniques? Any advice you can give will be appreciated. R.Trombone
3
3

Help with strawberries
Hi I have started to grow strawberries for the first time this year. They flowered but then the stem and fruit both turned brown and died. The leaves are still green and it was only the stems that...

Volunteer Flower I.D.
This flower has volunteered here since forever, but does anybody know its name? row, middle two pics. Thanks, http://tinypic.com/1r509n5uTop
29
29

Pesticide foodstuff database
37
37

Yeah, YOU! GET OFF THE GRASS!
Explore deserttraveler's 12 photos on Flickr!

Deer resistant vegetables?
I live in New Jersey and have learned what flowers and shrubs deer will decimate. By painful experience I now know what to plant for foliage/flowers in the yard. I am getting into growing vegetables....
11
11

Seeds...
There has been so much talk about where to get good seeds, what not to buy, etc....Is there some rule against us starting our own little seed exchange within the group? I grow only non-hybrid...
24
24

hot and shady summer replacement vegetable
I'm in 7b (Atlanta), and it's getting hot. I have a small garden in the sunniest part of my shady yard, which gets varying amounts of shade in the afternoon. In one of the shadier spots my snow peas...
6
6