Chilis

i have about 8 Chilli plants in different pots some are 2.5 feet tall healthy looking and green. There are no flowers and no damn chillies! They get watered reguarly and are in the sun... what am i doing wrong?

please help!

Reply to
Georgina7

I don't know anything about them, but I suspect this is temperature related. You may wish to give some more climate data so someone else can offer an informed opinion.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

you have to speak to them in spanish... ORALE MI CUATE!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jose Rosas

Temperature.

We've just started to get +25C or better days these past couple of weeks and ours started to blossom madly and set fruit.

London ON Canada

Reply to
phorbin

Chilies require much heat and sun. I see by your headers you are located in an area that reportedly has a paucity of both. Our chili plants normally produce more than we can use but this summer has been relatively cool and wet and the chilies have failed to set fruit. We have in the past, during cool damp summers, used a cloche over our chilies and it has definitely helped. Just haven't gotten around to it this year but, we still have lots of dried and pickled chilies from last year. You might try an experiment on one of your plants. Tie a big, clear plastic bag over the plant, in effect making a mini greenhouse and see if that improves its performance.

Ross Southern Ontario, Canada. AgCanada Zone 5b

43º 17' 26.75" North 80º 13' 29.46" West
Reply to
rossr35253

Next year, try one of the rocotto ( black seed) chile for your climate

gunner

They take warm days, above 80 F and warm nights, preferred is above 70 F. HTH

Reply to
Bud

Don't forget fertilizer and check for insect pests like whitefly. ;-)

Reply to
D. Arlington

With sufficient water and fertilizer a plant may not feel the need to set fruit. Make sure that the surface soil is dry in your pots before you water, and "IF" you fertilize (at this time of the year), use a 0 -

10 - 10 (preferably organic).
Reply to
Billy

estoy hablando en dos idiomas a estos tios y no hace nada

Reply to
Georgina7

Reply to
Nartker