Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

My sunburst cherry tree needs help.
hello ,I brought a mini patio orchard of 4 fruit trees. leaves started to come out for the first time and where ok but now i have just noticed the leaves on the sunburst cherry tree are now going...

A Small Celebration
The "cannibalistic" nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) with which I inoculated the garden in November seem to be doing their duty: The wintertime collards that I pulled yesterday to make room for more...

mulch bin question
Hi, I built a cage mulch bin and its full. But I may of put it in the wrong spot. I set it up last winter at the edge of my garden . And put leaves in it . I keep adding to it and filled it about 4...
2
2

Garden plot this year.
Hi gardeners I want to post that my garden plot is damn near empty of weeds, I appreciate everyone's help. Its obvious that my straw and garden cover from last year killed a lot of the weeds off. I...

Apple tree Care
Just got an allotment after a three year wait, I have found two mature and two immature apple trees, Not sure if they are cookers or dessert, There are small fruits forming and the base are covered in...
1
1

rhubarb seeds
Hello there This is my first post thank you for letting me join your forum. I live in surrey i have not got a very big garden mainly flowers and lawn, but i am sorting out part of the garden to use to...
2
2

More Tomato questions
Why are they turning yellow? I know for sure it is not a water problem
6
6

sunshine requirements for vegetables
hello! I live in a city and I have a small garden. The sunshine that I have in some places is a bit limited but in other (places of the garden) is better. I have already planted some vegetables...
2
2

Broken Tomatoes
The wind, the deer something broke of my tomato plants at about 3 inches off the ground. I left the "stubs" and they seem to be ok, just getting a slow re start. I took the tops of the plants and put...
4
4

square foot and sowing
In Chicagoland, Zone 5, just put up a tiny raised 4' x 2' raised bed for sq. ft. garden. I've got some seeds, probably too late to just sow them into the bed? Romaine lettuce, Swiss Chard, big chivey...
27
27

Greenhouse plastic
I've just wrapped a bunch of tomato cages with 3.5mil plastic sheeting to create green tepees for my tomatoes. The sheeting is opaque not clear because that's all that Home Depot had (it's sold in the...
5
5

Yellowing bean plants
Some of my bean plants are getting a little yellowish/light green. What is a good fertilizer to use on them? I'm thinking they need nitrogen or magnesium from the pictures of seen.
1
1

Are Milk Thistle Leaves Edible?
They sure look yummy, and my pet rabbit loves them. But I never eat a wild vegetable before checking to be sure it isn't toxic.
2
2

Parsley
Does anyone grow Hamburg rooted parsley. I get lot of leaves on top but rarely any roots. What am I doing wrong.?
3
3

Apple Tree Leave Problem?
Hi, We planted two minature Coronet apple trees 3 years ago, they have really failed to thrive, however this year there were loads of blooms, but I've noticed this bizarre pattern on the leaves, which...