mulch bin question

Hi,

I built a cage mulch bin and its full. But I may of put it in the wrong spot. I set it up last winter at the edge of my garden . And put leaves in it .

I keep adding to it and filled it about 4 times and it keeps compressing down.

Its going to be direct sun most of the day.

I'm thinking I should put it against my brick garage , where its shady and there's weeds and fungus and dampness there most of the time.

I made an open mulch pile there long ago when I had a shed and left it a year. And it was completely broken down after a year and it ate a hole in the shed. So that was a good spot.

Should I get it out of the sun??

Or can I just put a tarp over it .

Diesel

Reply to
DogDiesel

Hi,

I built a cage mulch bin and its full. But I may of put it in the wrong spot. I set it up last winter at the edge of my garden . And put leaves in it .

I keep adding to it and filled it about 4 times and it keeps compressing down.

Its going to be direct sun most of the day.

I'm thinking I should put it against my brick garage , where its shady and there's weeds and fungus and dampness there most of the time.

I made an open mulch pile there long ago when I had a shed and left it a year. And it was completely broken down after a year and it ate a hole in the shed. So that was a good spot.

Should I get it out of the sun??

Or can I just put a tarp over it .

Diesel

Reply to
DogDiesel

i would leave it open so as the weather helps it rot

Reply to
test-boy100