woodchuck humor

--I assume they passed out and fell asleep right where they were.

Reply to
phorbin

oh that's funny!

Reply to
Natural (Smoking Gun) Girl

Frank wrote: ...

yeah, they can still smell it even when it's down to almost nothing and still poke their noses in.

i dislike poisons too for much the same reason. plus i hate the idea that a snake or other creature might catch a poisoned mouse and then be affected. just seems better to snap trap them if i have to. we've used bait stations and poison blocks to keep the population down in the past, but the raccoons discovered a taste for them and would get the bait stations opened. even after we'd pile large rocks around and on top of the bait stations they'd still figure out a way to lever the rocks away and raid the bait stations. so i've not wanted to put any more out. it just seems so pointless. mice are all over, killing a few here or there isn't going to get rid of them, instead it just means more will come in from the fields all around us. i much prefer encouraging owls, snakes, etc. to come feast. the limestone mulch gives an owl a clear contrast to catch a skittering mouse...

songbird

Reply to
songbird