White spots on tomatoes

Does anyone know what causes the white spots to appear on my tomatoes? I have been told that it is because of too much watering, others think it is the weather.

Thanks in advance.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne

If it is on the bottoms, it may be blossom end rot. Causes of that include lack of calcium or uneven watering, or so I have been told. The only time I've had it was when I had not been watering properly which leads me to believe it to be true. I put a handful of lime in each planting hole and mix it in well when the plants go in the garden so calcium is not an issue.

Hope that helps.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

Thanks. It isnt on the bottoms, but all over the tomato. They are under the skin and look bad, but dont effect the taste at all. I know what blossom end rot looks like and that isnt what this is.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne

Stink bugs feeding...guessing other plant bugs too, will cause a cloudy white spot just under the skin.

this is sunscald

Lar

I tried to attach a file that shows pictures of every conceivabl tomato problem but it wouldn't take it. I don't know the URL of th site that I found it on but I know that I had "Googled" for "end rot or "blossom end rot". The picture that looks most like what you'r describing was of tobacco mosaic infection

-- Ken Lichtsinn

Reply to
Ken Lichtsinn

-- Ken Lichtsinn