What is the best cherry tomato plant for growing in pots on balcony?

My balcony is south-facing, lots of sun all day. If climate is an issue, I live in Montreal, Canada. I would like to know which kind of cherry tomato plant would be best suited to growing in pots on my balcony. Thank you for your input! (I don't know the best group to post this question, so I've posted it in a few spots. Sorry if that's annoying...)

Reply to
SharkMan BMW

Vous êtes francophone ou non? N'import. TOMATE CERISE ROUGE ZUCKERTRAUBE

doit être suffisant.

If you are anglophone, Google early ripening cherry tomatoes. Gut Glück,

William Rose

You might also want to try

of experienced tomato growers in the group.

Reply to
Grave Yard Guy

Sweet 100's.

;-)

Reply to
Omelet

Almost anything that your local nursery sells should grow nicely there. The seedlings would be available near the end of May. (Seedlings are the best way for the new grower to start). All you need is a nice sized pot (I use 30L pails) filled with potting soil (not topsoil as it's too compact) and make sure you water daily.

New potting soil has enough fertilizer in it to do the plant for the one season but you can consider adding a little tomato fertilizer according to directions provided on the package. With the tomatoes, I use new potting soil every year because tomatoes can pass on disease in the soil from year to year.

If frost is forecast for any evening, just take the tomato inside for the night.

..

MMVIII

Reply to
cloud dreamer

Sweet 100's Amen! Grows well almost everywhere I've lived. Good taste. They seem to be hardy and can handle a little less sunlight than other varieties.

Reply to
Grave Yard Guy

I have always had them produce more than I could use!

My co-workers love them too.

Reply to
Omelet

Tasty fruits nut the length of Sweet 100's vines can be a problem in limited spaces. I/ve had plants reach 18' by summer's end.

YMMV

Reply to
TQ

You can prune them... ;-)

I've never been lucky enough for them to get that large! Well done!

Reply to
Omelet