Tomato seeds are up

I can't believe how late I got them planted this year. Peppers and eggplants haven't come up yet, but the tomatoes are more important.

I usually start them too early.

The ground it still cold. Weeds are just starting to come up good.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Alfalfa initially gives off heat as it breaks down and you might what to put a plastic skirt around your starts (cover the edeges with dirt or compost) for some extra heat.

Reply to
Billy

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The tomatoes and stuff are in the house under lights. The only thing I have outside right now is the onion seedlings.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Oh....nevermind....that was gonna be my question to you.

I also waited longer this year to start peppers and tomatoes and eggplants...I waited till the first part of april, though I wish I would have started the peppers & eggplants several weeks earlier.

Heh heh, the first year I started tomatoes I did it the end of Feb and needed an auger to plant the dang things! ;-)

I'm northern MO, zone5/4. Last average frost date 5/10, but tonite is supposed to hit 36 with patchy frost.......grrrrrrrr. I'm friggin' glad I've been lackadaisical with my planting this year.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie