Tomato plant density--should I thin?

I am growing tomatoes in my little greenhouse hydroponically. They are

mostly Celebrity. I have very lush growth. I have many blossoms and set

fruits. I wonder if I should thin this growth. It is so thick, that I wonder

if there is sufficient light to support all the growth.

Is there some kind of rule-of-thumb to indicate how dense this growth should

be limited. The Celebrity variety is determinate, but even so, I think that

there may be too much of a good thing.

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Salmon Egg wrote in

news:C06D83DE.22D00% snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net:

I figure on having tomatoes about at cage distance... With no more than

two rows deep so I can actually get to all the tomatoes. They've grown

good for me, and give lots of good fruit.

Sometimes you get one or two that just go all out, and others don't stay

in the cages no matter what you do... One year I made a tripod (tee-pee

is more like it.) to support a single plant, the next I just let them go

along the ground.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper