Tomatillo seed question

Hi All,

I just bought a packet of 30 Tomatillo seeds from Baker Heirloom Seeds.

I am going to try planting them in little pots with this wonderful organic potting soil I have. Then transferring them to the garden after the fear of freezing weather passes.

Question: how many seeds per pot? Three? Then prune out the smaller ones?

Many thanks

-T

how many plants do you have room for?

how many pots with soil do you have?

what is the germination rate on the package?

if you want a lot of plants and have the pots use one seed per pot and those that don't germinate will be empty pots that you can use for something else. if you need only a few plants then put more seeds per pot and snip off the weak ones after the plants get going.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

My default, for fresh commercial seed of an unfamiliar sort, is around 3 seeds per pot. More if I've heard that the plant type is hard to start.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

two to four

about ten

No idea

I want two to four plants. Depends on if the local greenhouse get the purples ones in.

Three it is. Thank you!

I am also trying to grow Pondorosa Pines from seed. After soaking the seeds, I put about 8 seeds per two pots. Hopefully, I will get each a least one to grow in each pot.