The smell

I always question my premises. If I and others find flaws in those premises, I will most certainly change those presuppositions. Like I said I do not like living with contradictions or paradoxes.

The problem with more controversial views, is that it is very difficult to find those flaws in reasoning without debate. When others will just simply reject them without reason and use threats, I tend to dismiss them. I use to be a Christian and went to church every week, now I am an atheist, because I listened to others and they made sense. As an atheist I have had threats in the past. Some people just do not like others if they do fit in their belief of what is the norm. I have had hundreds of debates with Christians, they are crawling everywhere on the Campus of Wayne State trying to convert others. I have read back to back, the king James, NIV and the standard bible along with many supplementary books to learn the truth. To learn the truth on must unfold the contradictions and they are many.

When people use violence to make their point, it is best to avoid them. They do not like their beliefs to be challenged or have their faith questioned. And they always want you to conform what they believe is right. But then how does one know the truth? But sometimes trying to figure out the truth can be a dangerous game when it comes to a belief or life style.

Now when people preach by the sword or prison like some other countries. I will most certainly change my belief or what I say regardless. To live is the highest priority. But our society is leaning towards limiting what people say and do here in the US.

Free speech is coming to an end and I will abide by the laws of the land.

Reply to
Nad R

Since my earlier post seems to have black-holed...

From what you've said so far, you sound illogical, unreasoning and driven by old fears. Your experiences with black people may have been bad but your conclusions about their race only make sense in a dark, overly personal, emotional way.

Why not challenge your biases, prejudices and fear yourself before handing them to others to challenge.

Reply to
phorbin

I had a melon fall off a vine that has since died. But I now see 3 more starting to develop. So hopefully it stays warm here in NY. And the first ripe one is about a week or two away ;)

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle