The power of the rain

I had a vivid lesson today in what the rain can do to one's crops. After several weeks of little or no rain, we had 9mm early this week, and this is what it did to my squashes which were still on the plant.

Impressive, no? They were all right on Saturday.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Good lord! ;-) Well, I'd just cook them up and freeze any extra...

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Too bad they can't shed their skins when they outgrow them, like lizards!

Reply to
DrLith

Well that's the first time I've ever seen that happen! Tomatoes and cabbages will do that, but usually not squash. I wonder if that one kind of squash is prone to doing that?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Watermelons will split like that, too. But I've never seen squashes do tha, and I've tried a lot of different varieties. (The only subset I've never tried has been spaghettie squash.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

9mm is only a shower, this seems odd to me to be the only cause.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

What else would/could cause that???