Taters in the ground

  I should have had them planted at least 2 weeks ago , but the ground has been too wet to plow (grin) so I waited . This is my first real effort to cultivate taters , I planted some reds for new potatoes (and mature ones too) and some tan ones for long term storage for the winter . I also checked out the strawberry patch , there will be berries this year . I had about a dozen plants that were off the area I want them confined to , so I dug those up and filled in some thin spots . They were thin because an oak tree was shading that area - it's firewood now . Other trees around the garden have joined it and more will be as I figure out the shade patterns . We can spare a few of the 12,000 or so trees we have ... and there are a few around the orchard that need to go too .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

My wife planted the potatoes a few days ago. Yesterday, she planted seven r hubarb plants in the raised bed that was the strawberry bed for a few years .

Reply to
Pavel314