Squash stem root rot

sucks . There is apparently no cure , just yank 'em and toss 'em in the fire . Lost a zuke , a cuke , and maybe another cucumber and one of my straight neck squashes . And my tomatoes have aphids . Ain't life grand ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I'm generally lucky with aphids. I guess I have enough bug eaters around. However my tomatoes have leaf spot, and it took me at least a week longer than it should have to realize that. I'm hoping that they get enough new growth to make up for the doomed leaves.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

I managed to put somewhat of a hurt on the aphids . I used 10 tsp of a mix that consisted of 1 bar ivory dissolved in 1 qt water with a couple of teaspoons of cayenne pepper steeped in hot water . Helped a lot , but anywhere I missed soaking the underside of the leaves there are still a few . The root rot has apparently died out , at least for now . I ended up losing 2 cucumbers , 1 zucchini and an acorn squash .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

OOops , meant to say 10 tsp of that soap mix to a gallon of water .

Reply to
Terry Coombs