Speaking of spinach alternatives...

Has anybody tried this?

***
Spinach

(Chenopodium capitatium) Also referred to as Strawberry Blite, grown in Europe for centuries. Very showy compact 16-18" plants are grown for their nutritious triangular tooted leaves and tender shoots, used in salads or steamed. Shiny red mulberry-like fruits are edible, can be added to salads or used for dying. Hard to find. Self-seeding annual.

***

Anything that has the word "blight", even spelled funny, as part of its name and is a self-seeding annual gives me pause. That line between abundant and invasive is so easy to cross. I already have lemon basil that pops up all over the yard.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle