Holes in Spinach leaves

In my garden, I have a row of spinach that has holes in the leaves, like small bugs or something are eating them , and the spinach is not doing well.

I also have lettuce, which is perfectly healthy with no holes, radishes with greens that have no holes, and turnips -- no holes in the greens..... Also cantalope is vining out, and the leaves are OK there too.

Just the spinach has problems.....

So does anyone have a suggestion as to what likes to eat spinach but not other green, leafy stuff ?

Andy in Eureka, Texas

( Please don't say I have Popeye bugs :>)))) )

Reply to
AndyS

Sounds like earwigs. . .But it could be Popeye bugs;-)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself;-)

Myrl Jeffcoat

Myrl Jeffcoat

Could be slugs, too. As to why they're not attacking other leafy things, is your mulch different around various plants? Mulch is a quandary. You need it to keep the soil moist, but the slugs love living under it, too. Finally, the slugs may have your other stuff on their shopping list next. :-(

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Flea beetles

Reply to