Source for good yellow alpine strawberry seeds

Hello:

Does anyone know of a reliable source for yellow alpine strawberry seeds?

Thank You

Matthew Harelick

Reply to
Matthew

Thompson and Morgan. I bought this variety from them this year and have grown them under lights earlier this year. Now they are about 3 inches high and look very healthy.

Sherw> Hello:

Reply to
sherwindu

Is yellow better than red?

Thanks Dianna

_______________________________________________ To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.

Reply to
Dianna Visek

Yellow alpine strawberries are different in various aspects. They propagate from seed rather than runners. They taste like pineapple. Birds are not as interested in them as in the red ones. The plants make a good cover.

Mostly I am interested in them because they sound interesting.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Hi:

It seems that Thompson and Morgan will only ship fruit seeds to the UK and I am in the US.

Reply to
Matthew

How do you explain the yellow alpine seeds they shipped to me here in Illinois about two months ago?

Sherw> Hi:

Reply to
sherwindu

Pinetree Garden Seeds, here in the states has them.

Reply to
Butzmark

I have bought seeds from Pinetree, but I think the ones from Thompson and Morgan are higher quality, although probably a bit more expensive. T & M is a USA company, who happens to sell seeds from Europe (mostly England). Their 2006 catalog shows a red Mignonette, which I find very tasty. They can be found at

where they are showing a packet of 320 seeds for $1.52, on sale this week only.

Sherw> >

Reply to
sherwindu

Hello Sherwin:

The only Fruit offerings I see on their page says UK only.

Can you give me a precise URL to their strawberry seeds ?

Matthew Harelick

Reply to
Matthew