Should i turn my pond filter off? my

I have a pond filter but my mum and dad keep turning the pump supplying the water to it will this will kill the beneficial bacteria, it is left off for nearly a whole day.

Reply to
bardenmatt

The water must remain in contact with the nitrogen of bacteria in 15 to

20 minutes, if it is any longer or shorter period, the bacteria can not flourish. In order to maintain good water quality, it is imperative that the filter is a biological pond koi operates throughout the year.
Reply to
ritchelwesely

Thanks for the information.

Reply to