Seedlings at last!

This is new for me. Other than lettuce or herbs, I've always gotten starter plants from various places. Tomatoes, bell peppers and such.

Tis year, starting small, I put in 4 9-slot seedling starter pots for

36 sets. all bell pepper types but green (Cubannelle and reds in first 3 pots (one mixed 50/50). 1 control pot of basil. I've been waiting to see if these worked before starting more. Now to start the chocolate bell peppers and marigolds (keeps rats away). Then on to a few more things.

I'll get starter plants too as usual but I may try drying some seeds then planting those next year. Plenty of time in Virginia beach but we've hit a slightly early spring.

I'm doing them in a sunroom with 2 glass walls and flourescent lighting. Heat kicks in about 55F to warm it a bit back there.

Starter tomatoes are out in the green house already.

Reply to
cshenk

cshenk wrote: ...

we don't have the room or conditions to do a lot of starts here, but overall we don't really need that many anyways. so it works out well for us to get them from the neighborhood greenhouse.

:)

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I dont have much room either but have 4 growing seed pans planted each has 9 little growing pots. 2 are atop a fakr fireplace (pretty flames but just lights and heating unit with blower on bottom).

I have a 3 shelf, light pine plant shelf with slats so light goes through to the bottom. 12 of my seedling pans could fit on it.

Thats more than I need.

Reply to
cshenk