Re(2): Earthworms

> That certainly sounds like the reporter may not have done thorough

>> research and may very well have started out with a bias, a big no-no in >> professional journalism. >> >> Yes, I will try to remember to read the article, but I doubt it will >> convince me that all earthworms are good for is attracting moles. I also >> doubt it will change anything I've said here; reading will tell. > >Glenna -- The poster failed to give the details of the article. In fact, >it >was well supported. The article was not in reference to gardening or >farming though -- it referred to a specific ecosystem, namely native >forests, where earthworms disturb a balance that has been in place for >millenia. I quoted a few bits from the article in my response to the >original poster

Yes, I saw that. I really appreciate your posting the information in the context in which it was written. It makes perfect sense in that situation. It is certainly understandable how earthworms (and their helpers) can cause great havoc and damage where they aren't native by their aggressive composting skills. We only need to look at some of our lakes and waterways to see the dangers of introducing things where they were not before. Think nutria, starlings, Himalayan blackberries, etc.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose