Progress? report

So far my zucchini has given up the ghost. We planted a few more and will see if we can get enough before frost. My cucumbers are surviving the neglect of a couple of weeks ago. I think I have most of the baseball bats picked and put into the compost. The plants are beginning to blossom again. I think the butternut and acorn squash have given up. Did get enough for several meals.

Tomatoes are ripening. So far I have picked about 50 pounds. Today I will can the Viva Italias and we will use the others in salads and sandwiches. The peppers and eggplants are producing now. I am leaving some of the peppers on the plants to turn color. And the okra is starting. Why is it that the okra spears have to match the stems and grow right beside them, making them so hard to find?

I have some fruit on the cantaloupe, pumpkin and watermelon vines. I must remember to plant those things in a remote section of the garden next year. They are taking over.

Reply to
The Cook