Garden Report - NE GA

Picked the first 1/2 grocery bag of Biker Billy Japs and some green habs. Had 5 ripe ones of something that was supposed to be habs but look like paprika, but whew, hotter than I expected...

Elephant garlic is harvested and braided. Onions are coming in one at a time.

The cilantro cover crop is blooming nicely and worked pretty well. We have enough frozen for 2 years... and boy does the garden smell good when walking around. After it seeds, I'll till and mulch the paths, weed and mulch the beds.

Rebar as stakes for tomatoes and tall peppers. We had a wild thunderstorm last night, one of my concerns as they sway a good bit. No damage! I got 8 foot pieces cut and use the leftover pieces for hab support.

I have settled on surveyor's green tape for typing things up. It is cheap, stretches, but is still strong. No used pantyhose in these parts!

Well, back to the garden!

John!

Reply to
GA Pinhead

I harvested about a gallon of green beans from my garden. Strawberrie are done. Blueberries and Blackberries are ripening. I just recieve some new Raspberry plants in the mail. Bought them because they were o sale. So I just got them planted in dreams of the future re raspberries. There are little green tomatoes on my tomato plants. M peppers and eggplants don't have flowers yet. I did get them in kind o late though. My squash doesn't have any flowers yet either. But all th plants are growing great

-- Maryc

Reply to
Maryc