Scape-snipping time!

Finally, a semi-nice day (at least it's not raining) and warmish (above 50) temps. So I'm happily snipping the scapes off a number of garlic varieties; the rest will be ready in a week or so. And I'll only hang around people who like garlic for a while! For any compulsive types who are following along, my online spreadsheet, in the .sig below, has been updated.

Yours in bad breath,

Gary Woods

Cut my scapes about 2 weeks ago. Strange that I'm that much ahead of you just being about 1 1/2 south of ya.

Used the scapes in salads, made some garlic mashed potatoes, etc. Gonna be a good crop this year judging from the taste of the scapes. :-)

Reply to
Steve Calvin