predatores . .

Hello, I'm looking at the territorial seed company catalog. They sell nematodes, lady bugs, and lacewings and praying mantises.

Wont they just fly away.

My crappy neighbor lets his cat bust my garbage open. And his dogs bark and keep me awake. And he's just generally a nuisance.

I'm thinking 18,000 lady bugs in his house for $54.95 should about make us even.

They don't do anything damaging right. Like eat wood.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Not if you provide a suitable environment for them. Insects only live a few days or weeks generally, you are trying to establish a breeding population so there needs to be food and conditions that suit them.

Check the catalog and see if they can do a plague of locusts or cockroaches.

If you are asking if ladybugs eat wood - no.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Cheaper to buy a garbage CAN. The garbage mess is not the cats fault, it is yours for not using an animal proof can! Otherwise, a queen paper yellow jacket though an attic vent might work. They eat wood.

Reply to
Dan L

Around here , outside cats are strays and have HIV. And if you put a lid on a can the garbage men throw it away.

Otherwise, a queen paper

I dont want to tear his house up. Just piss him off for a while.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Cats have HIV? Wow, After google searching, that may be a true statement, I still have my doubts. Since you state it was your neighbors cat. Are you saying your neighbor has HIV or you have HIV and afraid to get some other infection from cleaning up the trash.

Garbage men throw away your can? I would complain. Where I live trash pickup is not a community service. There are competing trash service providers where I live. I would switch trash pickup providers.

I would move, give your home to the bank. But first buy another home before your credit gets trashed. Life in the boondocks is healthier lifestyle it seems.

Gardeners worst nightmare, a neighbor puts salt on their front lawn. DON'T DO IT! NOOOOO!

Reply to
Dan L

He meant FIV that's feline immunodeficiency virus or FIV.

Reply to
phorbin

Feline immunodeficiency virus, or FIV, is a widespread viral infection that attacks the immune system of cats. It is caused by the same family of viruses that triggers AIDS in humans and has much the same devastating impact on infected cats. It is often referred to as "feline AIDS."

The virus devastates a cat's immune system, stopping it from effectively combating other diseases and infections. Infected cats eventually fall prey to a wide variety of secondary illnesses that overwhelmingly prove fatal. There is no cure, but cats can live for up to 10 years - much of it in seeming good health - before succumbing.

It is estimated that between one percent and 14 percent of the cat population is infected with FIV. The disease is transmitted from cat to cat by blood and saliva. This happens primarily through biting and scratching so outdoor and male cats that fight with other cats are at greatest risk.

They dump the lid in the garbage.

Reply to
DogDiesel

I took fertilizer and a spreader made a big X corner to corner before. On a previous idiot neighbor. He had to mow it all summer.

Reply to
DogDiesel