Plastic Mulch?

Has anyone figured out a good way to cut red plastic mulch when planting?

Reply to
Nartker

Hi All.

Take a sharp knife and cut a cross in the plastic mulch. Peel the corners back, plant in the hole and then replace the corners back. Hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.

Reply to
R M. Watkin

Lay it out and cut off to length using a box cutter. Cut largish X's where the plants are to go and plant in the center of the X. Trim a bit of the 'tips' so that the plastic isn't actually touching the stalk.

Was that what you meant or did I just completely misunderstand the question?

~~ Shelly ~~

Reply to
~~ Shelly ~~

"~~ Shelly ~~" wrote in news:46626f29$ snipped-for-privacy@cvc2.cvc.net:

Which one? I've got about a dozen different tools that will cut boxes with no trouble at all. If I tell my little sister to cut the flap off the box and she does it, she's also a box cutter...

Sorry, you've inadvertantly hit on one of my pet-peeves. The tool in question is most likely a utility knife, not a "box cutter."

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Reply to