Permethrin and Grapes

Has anyone used permethrin on their grape vines? I was told the EPA has not approved the use of this pesticide on grapes or any other small fruit such as blueberries and cherry tomatoes. Wonder why?

Reply to
gwtx2

It is hard to believe that a product that is approved to be used directly on your body (It's used for head lice) couldn't be used on food crops such as grapes. I suppose it would be possible that it isn't very effective on fruit pests or it could be more toxic if traces are eaten compared to skin exposure. (I doubt that either is true, actually.)

After seeing your post go unanswered for a few days, I got curious and searched google for some information. I didn't find an answer to your actual question but the first site I looked at was this one:

After reading that, I thought I had found a place that was going to bash all insecticides. I looked up Sevin on their site because I had just used Sevin this week. They did pose some questions about its safety but mostly they seemed to be defending its use.

Steve

Reply to
Steve