Percy Schmeiser Claims Moral Victory in Seed Battle Against Monsanto

It may seem like a small thing, but......

Finally, a victory for the Schmeisers.

This is important for all of us who garden and produce our own food and beauty.

Reply to
Charlie

Charlie expounded:

It's a great win for Percy, but a small blow against the Monsanto Monster. I hope the tides are changing.....

Reply to
Ann

Only if more farmers refuse the gag order.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The trouble is that it's an out of court settlement so it has no value as legal precedent.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Every precedent counts.

Reply to
phorbin

This is way over my head.

Bill

Bill

Schmeiser's case in Canada anyway should prove that farmers can refuse the gag order... Collecting may be another issue after the order, but the point has been made.

Does anyone know of a survey to determine the extent of the Monsanto RR gene's crossover into unmodified seed and/or wild stock.

Reply to
phorbin

It's a small chip in the fortress, but it makes my heart glad. Thanks for the info, Charlie.

Reply to
Steve

Hope was damaged in shipping.

Reply to
Steve

Let me save you some time, it ain't precedent.

Reply to
Steve

That doesn't sound quite correct to me. --Not being a lawyer, I won't/can't argue the point but I will pose the question to an acquaintance of mine if an opportunity arises.

That said, the out of court settlement looks like damage control to me. They want to get out before they wind up in a constitutional pickle.

Reply to
phorbin

You betcha! Death by a Thousand Cuts, I hope.

BTW, The Easter Bunny left all of us a cute greeting over in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. You and Billy might get a giggle.

I did.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

I try for at least a week of bliss. Ignorance seems to ebb and tide. Think like this comes to mind. What to trust may be ........................

Bill but I'd hazard a guess not to many of my extended family has a clue what this suggests.

Media Media Media no wonder Murdoch wants it as I guess he is lost in our world too.

Reply to
Bill

I have kinda wondered why either Canada or Mexico haven't raised a stink over GMO. I have to believe some carryover, if just from bird doody, must cross their borders. Hmmm.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Steve