Organic garlic growers

Are there newsgroups which talk directly about organic garlic growing? Thanks Magdalena Bassett

Reply to
Magdalena Bassett

There seem to be newsgroups on every conceivable subject, but..... I think you are getting a little too specialized to expect a group on just that. There is the newsgroup "rec.gardens.organic". I just took a look at that and they only had 10 new threads started in the last year and some (most?) of those were spam. No help there.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

il Sat, 01 Jan 2005 23:50:27 -0500, Steve ha scritto:

There are also some sites just on garlic, unfortunately I can't view them well but a Google on garlic will find them. Garlicworld was one.

this has a chat on garlic

And those are just on the first page of a search on garlic cultivation.

My garlic are currently covered in rust and I suspect the only solution is to wave a flame thrower over the soil to kill any spores. However I don't have one handy. ;-). It also seems to be a growing problem, Only the leeks are immune it seems.

Reply to
Loki

il Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:34:22 GMT, "Garry Nixon" ha scritto:

Those spores blow on the wind, but mulching may help keep the soil ones down but who knows. It is a shame. Unfortunately rust affects the hollyhocks and the rhubarb too. A lot of plants :-( I think even if I left it for a few years there's too many plants around with rust. And I can't just pull out my neighbours plants for all the inattention they pay them. Tempting though it be...

I yanked a few garlic out today and they seem ok, just a bit early. The rust doesn't infect the cloves it seems. I wonder how they would grow in a pot?

Reply to
Loki

Thank you, I will try that. Magdalena

Reply to