Now I need a plow ...

A few weeks ago my wife asked me if I was still looking for a mower , she saw an ad online ... I am now the owner of John Deere model 317 yard/garden tractor with hydraulics . The front blade has already gotten some exercise on my driveway ... the mower deck needs some pretty extensive repair , but I have all winter . I probably couldn't afford the hydraulic 3 point hitch made for this unit if I found one , but I'd bet I can rig up something to use a plow and other "farming" implements . That'll be a LOT easier on an old man than that tiller I've been using !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Apparently, first you take your swords and I suspect a big fire plus an anvil and hammer. That's the sum total of my information, but it must be true I read it on the internet.

Mike

Reply to
Bloke Down The Pub

Well , I'm fresh outta swords ... but I do have a couple of Old Chevy Springs , ya think they might work ? -- Snag

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Suggest you try a chisel plow rather than a moldboard - easier to fabricate, also less long-term issues for soil structure. Good leaf-spring project.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Sounds entirely too much like a plan ... I'm betting I can source the actual plow blade locally , fabricate the mount springs and framework in the shop ...and have an even bigger garden next year with less actual sweat equity . My wife has no idea what kind of monster she created when she showed me that online ad for a "lawn mower" .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Too cool.

Post pix somewhere when you get it done.

Reply to
phorbin

Sure thing , if I decide to do it . Then I can retire that tiller that beats me to death .

Reply to
Terry Coombs