I asked for 1/4" plywood and got 4mm a year ago. Just now noticed.

I recall this being beaten about a few months ago but do not recall the conclusion.

When I got my Rousseau plate mounted and the Amana tongue and groove bit to make a test I see that it is going to make a 1/4' groove. Well if the 4mm plywood was 6mm then I would be set. Plan B which is a bit more pure is to resaw some wood on the $150 20 year old nearly new 14" Delta bandsaw. If I buy 4/4 oak which is really 4/4 can I get 3 slices? My planer works fairly well so I should be able to make it pretty enough.

Or does someone in Atlanta sell 6 mm or 1/4" oak plywood? Actually resawing will frustrate/make me happy as it is a bit more pure but I have not done any resawing yet.

Shimming 2 mm will not be an acceptable answer. I am not keen on using the table saw to make the tongues 4 mm but that could be an option.

Reply to
Jim Behning

That would be damned tough given the saw kerf. I'd buy 5/4

1/4" has not been true 1/4" for many years. It will be 7/32 or about 5.5 mm

You have to jump in sometime, so why not now?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I bought three 12' boards for the project. When I ripped one of them it showed signs of case hardening. Or maybe it was just a bad board but it sure bowed. Wah.

I was aware of stuff a bit undersized but 4mm is a long way from 1/4".

Enough whining and of to the lumber store for a resaw adventure. Also to Highland Hardware for a resaw blade. I don't thnk I bought one when I got that new 20 year old saw.

Updates will follow but as un>

Reply to
Jim Behning