Looking for Jerusalem Artichokes

I would love to buy some Jerusalem Artichokes from someone if you have them. I can't find a local supplier and I don't want to pay $4/lb plus shipping from a gardening catalog. Any help or leads would be appreciated. Ron

Reply to
tworiverspark

If you would post your location, perhaps someone near you would be willing to oblige. Most who have *any* Jerusalem artichokes, have many to spare.

Reply to
Frogleg

Reply to
tworiverspark

produce section, health food store. Buy them, plant them.

Reply to
simy1

Curse them every year thereafter ;-(.

Ross

Reply to
Ross Reid

Why? :-)

I know that they have a tendency to take over any area which is why I planted them somewhere where I did not care if that happened. Yummy tubers, but for some reason, after three years, my patch died. :-( I'd not mine re-starting them if anyone in Texas wants to mail me some?

K.

Reply to
Katra

not if you plant them where they can't spread like in a large planter or concrete tub, or, what I would do, in and area surrounded by bedrock.

I'd love some. Does anybody in/near Hilo, HI have any to spare? (happy to pay).

Maren

Reply to
Maren Purves

I don't, but then I also have 5 different patches of bamboo growing on my place. I have spread the Jerusalem Artichoke around, too. I have it growing in 4 different spots(so far).

Reply to
The Watcher

I could probably send some to people wanting to get them started growing. Email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com. All I'd need would be the shipping paid.

Reply to
The Watcher

E-mail sent... :-) I'm more than willing to pay for the roots as well. These things are delicious.

thanks! Kat (in central Texas)

Reply to
Katra

il Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:57:47 -0800, "tworiverspark" ha scritto:

I suppose New Zealand is too far away :-). I use mine as a wind break and have they been getting a battering this summer! Get one tuber and soon you'll have a fence line's worth. :-)

Reply to
Loki