Late November. Allotment

What to do now in late November on the allotment?

I've planted in onions, garlic, peas, raspberries, strawberries, black currant and red current.

It too cold and wet to do anything more..

Should i leave the plot alone until February?

Reply to
Ed

Derek Turner

Sow broad beans, and sow sweet peas in pots in a sheltered position. Also it is idea to dig out trenches where required and spreading manure etc. All tidying up jobs can be done now while there is not the constant weed growth

Reply to
Robert (Plymouth)

Some time while it is freezing I try to till up the garden to kill all the roots of weeds and grass as well as lots of bugs that hide in the ground. The chickens love following me around while I till up lunch for them.

I do this three times a year, during the winter to slow down the growth of them during the summer.

Collect bags of dead leaves now so that you can use them for mulch next year.

Reply to
CanopyCo

Good idea to rough dig any vacant soil so that the frosts can break it down.

Regards, Emrys Davies.

Reply to
Emrys Davies