Kennebecs, oooh yum :)

Oh gosh, today we harvested some Kennebec potatoes for dinner. I have always loved digging up potatoes; to me it's like finding buried treasure. From two plants we retrieved about 3-1/2# after scrubbing. Is that good or bad? The spuds ranged from 2-5" at their largest and totally without flaws, amazingly. We have not grown this type before and I wanted to get the full taste so I decided not to boil them (and leach some of the flavor) or bake them unwrapped (smoked flavor). So we wrapped them in aluminum foil with some butter and fresh chopped Italian parsley and threw them on the grill. Oh jeez they were just awesome. Their very thin skins were quite crisp too. (Missouri Z 5b)

Phae

Reply to
Phaedrine Stonebridge