japanese knotweed

I am looking for a cheap form of japanese knotweed; for the resveratrol

content, which is supposed to slow aging. Anyone growing this for food

purpose's, any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Andrew

You might try growing your own red grapes and making wine - problem solved :-)

Reply to
Paul E. Lehmann

Andrew wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@x35g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com:

it's a very invasive weed. go pick it out of wetlands or ditches. lee

Reply to
enigma

Not really recomended to grow as below taken from Wiki:

It can be found in 39 of the 50 United States (PUSDA) and in six provinces in Canada. The species is also common in Europe. In the U.K. it was made illegal to spread Japanese knotweed by the Wildlife and Countryside Act

1981, and it is listed by the World Conservation Union as one of the world's 100 worst invasive species.[4] In the U.S.A. it is listed as an invasive weed in Ohio, Vermont, Virginia, New York, Alaska, Pennsylvania and Washington state
Reply to
john smith

High John,

I would not grow it if I were you as once you have planted it you can not get rid of it. The only way I believe is to cut off the stems just above the ground, and pour roundup into the cut stems, which are hollow. this has to be done quite a few times as the roots are very deep. Hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin,

Reply to
R M Watkin

Resveratrol can help you to lead a long and healthy life so says many doctors. Red wine alone does not supply enough resveratrol to achieve the full range of benefits because one glass of red wine has only about 1mg of resveratrol and you need about 250mg/day. You need to take high potency resveratrol supplements to achieve the results documented in scientific studies.Resveratrol Supplements can also help you control your weight naturally by increasing energy, reducing cravings, and limiting your appetite.According to Wikipedia, Consumer Lab, an independent dietary supplement and over the counter products evaluation organization, published a report on 13 November 2007 on the popular resveratrol supplements. The organization reported that there exists a wide range in quality, dose, and price among the 13 resveratrol products evaluated. The actual amount of resveratrol contained in the different brands range from 2.2mg for Revatrol, which claimed to have 400mg of "Red Wine Grape Complex", to 500mg for Biotivia.com Transmax, which is consistent with the amount claimed on the product's label. Prices per 100mg of resveratrol ranged from less than $.30 for products made by Biotivia.com, jarrow, and country life, to a high of $45.27 for the Revatrol brand.

Reply to
futurespeak

When I lived in Massachusetts we had wild knotweed growing in the yard. I often used it in cooking. It's quite tasty, kind of like a cross between rhubarb and asparagus.

If you can find it growing wild, you don't need to plant it. I don't think it's hard to find. Looks like horsetail only thicker, much more succulent and a lighter color.

Reply to
Pat