Howard rotavator clutch adjustment

I have just fitted a new engine to a Howard 350 rotavator and connecting up. Just found that the clutch adjustment is missing at the lever end. This is a bit like the cable adjusters you get bike brakes. This means that I can not operate the clutch as the wire is too long. I have been looking on line and found new cable ( at a price!) but they do not appear to have the adjuster fitted. Does anyone know where I can get a new adjuster or know of a good fix.

Hope this all makes sense.

Reply to
Forman4me

Post a picture somewhere . It's possible a machinist can make something , or some one with a mechanical aptitude can make it work . Maybe some kind of spacer ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

if it is a cable with a plug at the end you can pull it tight and use something to make a new plug (bolt, nut)...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Well , I was thinking something like a sleeve to space the cable housing away from the clutch lever assembly . We don't know what the skill set of the OP is ... Wouldn't be a problem here , I have a pretty well equipped machine shop . -- Snag

Reply to
Terry Coombs