Growing Tea Ingredients

I am interested in growing my own ingredients for tea. Does anybody have any suggestions or know of where to point me for research?

Reply to
Stitch

Depends on the tea. :-)

Herbal, black or green???

Reply to
Omelet

Do you mean just the leaf or the milk and sugar too? All those on the one property would be a challenge.

The plant is cammelia sinensis. Google that and "cultivation" for a zillion hits. If all else fails treat it as you would a flowering cammelia for a good chance of success.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

down." -- Steve Rothstein

I am wanting a mix .... But I guess my interest is in this order: 1) herbal 2) combination of herbal and green 3) green I am also not very familiar with black tea. If it would taste better to have a combination of herbal and black tea then I would be interested. I am very new to growing tea so I am not really sure.

Reply to
Stitch

In that case, for black/green teas, try here:

are a lot of plants suitable for herbal teas. Try here:

that gives you a good start. :-)

Reply to
Omelet

herbal tea plants chamomile - lovely plant mint nettles rosehip dandelion fennel lemom balm peppermint thym

-- globalart4u

Reply to
globalart4u

Definitely: Chocolate Peppermint