growing fennel?

No greenthumb here, but am trying to grow a little fennel (bulb type) here in Northwest Washington State, Zone 5. I've got a few fragile seedlings started in the greenhouse, and now hardening off in the seed trays outside during the day. Any advice or online guide that look good? I've googled a little without too much luck. I could grow them in the greenhouse if absolutely necessary, but it is so small and I guess these things get fairly large. Although zone 5 here, I am beginning to think that most of zone 5 is a few degrees warmer than here on the average. Thanks for any response! Old Chief Lynn

Reply to
Lynn Coffelt

Like the lady said, "Google is your friend", at least until the government gets their claws into them.

Type in "growing fennel" et voila (so I heard tell):-) The first hit is

fun.

- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
William Rose

I would like to dig mine up and get rid of them! I'm in the Tacoma area if you are interested.

Reply to
Merryb