Aggressive strawberry runners

New bed of strawberries - planted 2+ months ago - just starting to bear - putting out quantities of "aggressive" runners. Bed is very small; no place to root runners.

Should I:

  1. Cut them off and replant elsewhere? If so, can I plant

(a) between roses - yes, there is room

(b) between veggies - if so, which to avoid?

  1. Enlarge bed - terrible nuisance, have to dig up horrible lawn and enrich - big job.
  2. Cut off and discard.

Help..they're about to come in through my window

This is So. Calif Coastal.

TIA

Persephone

Reply to
aspasia

Give them away to neighbors & folks in your garden club or toss them in the compost.

Gardening is supposed to be relaxing. Chill.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

I just ignored them. ;-)