Germinating

I really don't remember crookneck squash and the "romanesco" zuchs germinating this vigorously. A week from planting and three days from from breaking the surface of the seedling soil and they are two inches high. The zuchs have 1' leaves. Basil broke first but is dallying now. Almost perfect germination for the melons (three different types of early watermelon, a charentais, and a muskmelon). Needed five, got nine. Nights are above 40F so I have the cabbage and lettuce germinating out side. Hopefully I'll get the parsnips and leeks in tomorrow, and spade up the carrot patch. Tossed last years fennel and chamomile seeds into what will soon be the cabbage patch. Now if I can just coax a little heat out of this summer.

Reply to
Billy

Sigh.....rain, rain and more rain. Temps in the low forties daytime.

Today was a day for killing. Took scissors to transplants. I always feel like there is so much potential going to compost.

On a positive note, the flat of pepperseeds are turning to pepperseedlings. Always seems like it takes them so long to emerge and I start thinking *Crop Failure*, but then nature does it things.

To play off a Bill quote...

"Nature brings forth peppers in it's own way."

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie