Garden Oddity: What the heck is it?

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

Heck, and I always thought they were one and the same.

"This is a free country, young man."

"Yup, were free to do exactly what we are told."

Reply to
Tim Perry

How do you tell when a politician is lying?

Their lips are moving. ;-)

Reply to
Omelet

Well the camera made it home but I can't find the darn cable so I can upload the pics. LOL, it figures. The beans are still growing well despite those gigantic fungi so I'm not going to sweat it at this busy time. In fact, I put up another 7# of beans this morning. I sure do appreciate all the ideas, links and suggestions, though. I had no idea there were so many kinds of fungi. Good grief it's really amazing. Thanks again.

Isabella

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

The number of variety of fungi is still being discovered afaik.

I agree, they are amazing!

Look at some books by

have outdoor mushroom patches, as well as indoor patches and "seedings" for deadwood etc. And all for reasonable prices...

I'm a real mushroom fan. They are a real bargain in nutrition.

Reply to
Omelet

Ps, I keep my cable in the bag with my camera.

Reply to
Omelet

Thanks!

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

It's gotta be in my office somewhere--- probably buried under all my preserving books and recipes. Not enough hours in the day right now.

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

Welcome. :-)

I'm a real Stamets fan. He's done some amazing research. Seems a lot of the wood consumers, especially polypores, have some anti-cancer activity.

He sells Turkey Tail patches and tea made from those is supposed to be anti-carcinogenic.

Reply to
Omelet

There never are...

Reply to
Omelet

I installed a multi-card reader on my aging P4 to get rid of the need for a cable.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do tarot.

Reply to
phorbin

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a P4? Is that a type of camera?

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

Sorry, that's shorthand for Pentium 4 computer.

A card reader or memory card reader is a piece of hardware that plugs into the computer. You take the memory card out of the camera, plug it into the reader and can then treat the card like another drive.

I bought a multi-card reader to mount in a drive bay in my computer because I didn't want to find or fiddle with cables, expend battery power on long data transfers or worry about wear and tear on the camera's USB port.

The reader I have looks like this

external ones that connect to USB are quite variable in shape... Small ones can fit in a pocket.

I have seen external readers for as little as $5.00 Canadian though the usual, "You get what you pay for." caveat applies.

Reply to
phorbin

Ah... I see. Sorry, I had no idea. Mac here.

Thanks ever-so-much for the information. I do have a little card reader for our little Olympus camera but it's just so much easier to plug the camera, via USB mini cable, into my Mac where the photos are auto-uploaded. I generally just leave the cable plugged into one of the USB ports on my monitor but I think someone yanked it out and ran off with it. I'm tracking the culprit.

Isabella

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

It wouldn't be attached to another computer, would it? :-)

Reply to
phorbin

Darn good thought! Thanks :) I immediately jumped up and went looking but did not find it on the other computers. I also looked at the back of mine as well thinking maybe I had used one of the rear USB ports and forgot about it. Not in the USB hub either. It'll turn up.

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

Reply to
Omelet

Buy another one. Guaranteed to make the other one turn up.

Reply to
The Cook

LOL! You are so right.... just like watering the garden to make it rain.

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

sometime in the recent past Isabella Woodhouse posted this:

So, Isabella, did you ever find your cord? Still waiting for your pictures ;-)

Reply to
Wilson