Freeze Dried Basil

I made spaghetti sauce today with this summer's Romas and basil, and I was reminded of the success I'm having with the "frozen" basil I picked this fall. Having given up on trying to dry basil (the humidity here in the Midwest turns it to mold and mush), I'd resigned myself to eating it fresh as long as possible and then storing it, turned to pesto, in the freezer. This year when the frost came, I decided a new approach was worth a try. I simply picked the freeze-dried leaves and put them into glass jars with loose fitting (glass) lids. They've kept quite nicely, and every time I lift a lid I am overwhelmed by the fresh scent.

Reply to
Catherine