Earwigs are back

But they don't seem to like my radishes this year. I am growing China Rose this year.

So far I have stepped on about four, carved about two up with garden utensils, and sprayed about four.

The four I sprayed were on my radish bed, but the did not seem to like the radish sprouts. Two days later when I rechecked, I could not find a one. Last year I would kill about 300 at a time on my radish bed.

Hopefully my radish sprouts will be large enough before the armies of earwigs come out in force.

It is going to be in the 80F's all week, which will trigger a mash hatch of the buggers. Maybe ...?

T wrote: ...

sorry, no experience here with massive earwig numbers, dunno much about them other than i see a few here or there. i think the snakes, frogs, toads, etc. must be eating them.

i've seen mention of traps for them (upside down pots full of straw/grass/hay on sticks) vaguely i recall that. see if you can google it, i'm off to sleep... :)

g.l.

songbird

Reply to
songbird