Does Brush-B-Gone Kill grass? Wild Violets.

I am trying to kill wild violets that are taking over the lawn. The instruction mention that it could kill my grass, but other post I read on the news groups say it ok to spray on the grass. Anyone tried it before on their grass?

Reply to
lbbss

You need to read the directions. Looking at Ortho's page on this product it clearly states not to use it for weed control on lawns.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Ortho's Weed B Gone works fine on violets and it won't kill your grass. Also, I would think any weed 'n feed type of grass fertilizer would work too and make your grass look better in the process.

Linda

lbbss wrote:

Reply to
Linda Barsalou

I found a place that reclaims unclaimed and damaged materials and they have a huge loading dock packed full of huge hoppers of Scotts Weed & Feed. Was told to load some up and haul it away as its going to be dumped before the summer is up and its not worth the price to recycle and repackage it all................Best I know its been there for close to two years now. The oter rows of hoppers h=gaot wet from rain but the majority of it is still granular and perfectly good. Thing is if I killed all my weeds in my lawn I would not have much green left.......so I guess on some folks thoughts I'm a moron..........oh yea, I used to get concerned with moss etc growing inmy lawn, but got used to it as well, andI think it adds somewhat of a different look, it does not require cutting, keeps me out of mud, and its green! Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Brush-B-Gon and Weed-B-Gon are two different animals. The Brush-B-Gon label states clearly not to use it near grass or plants you want to preserve.

Weed-B-Gon is a broadleaf weedkiller that ought to take out the violets (and any other broadleaf plant) without damaging grass. Much.

Reply to
Frogleg

Just for clarity, the OP was talking about BRUSH B GONE.

Reply to
Vox Humana