Compact Acorn Squash

Years ago, when I began my gardening career, I used to grow an Acorn Squash that had a very compact growth habit instead of sprawling all over the garden. Can't remember the variety for the life of me...anyone?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill Litchfield

Burpee has a few at

I haven't grown them for a few years because I no longer order from Burpee and I have space enough for vines. As I recall, they are less productive and will tend to vine somewhat if over-watered. Several others like Parks and Johnny's have "semi-bush" types that might work for you but I have no experience with them. Olin

Reply to
omi

I have grown the bush cultivar Table King. Growth habit is very much like a zuchini. Actually the acorns were larger and more uniform than the vining cultivar. There are several others available.

Reply to
FarmerDill