Coal Ash?

Is there any good use for coal ash in the garden?

Wrench

Reply to
Wrench

Not that I can think of!

Reply to
FarmerDill

Coal ash can be acidic or alkaline, based on the properties of its source coal. I'd be leery of using it in a garden because it can contain a number of heavy metal byproducts. It is considered quite a source of environmental pollution.

Here's a PDF file you might find interesting:

Mark

it is much richer in heavy metals than wood ash. I think I could use it in the lawn, under trees or in the flower beds, but not near a fruit tree or vegetable garden.

Reply to
simy1

No

Reply to
Beecrofter

What about leonardite? Is that a good substrate for plants?

Reply to
Pen