Black spots everywhere!

I am getting black spots on my leaves ALL OVER my garden! Is this leaf spot (or black spot)? if it is, how can i get rid of it?

Reply to
BenGman

Maybe you are watering too much, or aren't getting enough air circulation. Without knowing exactly what they are it is hard to say, but assuming it is caused buy a fungus, I would try to dry it out some. Other than that, I would take some to an extension agent and have them give me an analysis and suggested treatment.

Reply to
Dwayne

Google on "black spot" and look at the pictures. Make sure that's what the problem is.

What plants are being affected, edible or ornamental? Some treatments for ornamentals aren't suitable for edibles. Since you asked about tomatoes below, here's a good site.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

I have these black spots on my vegetables, especially tomatoes and squashes

Reply to
BenGman

Small black/dark spots, mostly on tender young growth? Could be the four-lined plant bug.

Just noticed some damage out in my garden the other day.

"The spot damage inflicted by four-lined plant bugs may be misidentified as fungal disease spots because of their comparable appearances. The agility of this bug contributes to this misidentification because when disturbed, the four-lined plant bug will drop to the ground or will hide and is therefore rarely seen. In addition, when the damaged portion of the leaf fall out, a shot hole will remain that looks similar to fungal disease."

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz