Bent Fence Posts

I use the T-bar metal fence posts around our place. I have several which ar e bent; I've tried to straighten them out with hammer and vise, but they're made of a springy steel that is holding the bent shape. I was thinking of heating the bent section to kill the temper and then hammer it, but was won dering if anyone had any clever tricks to straighten them out.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

  Over-bend them on a press or by other means in the opposite direction of the unwanted bend . Hammerin' on them is just a waste of energy .
Reply to
Terry Coombs